Anonymous asked: 4, 13, 23, 24 :)
wizardwaffles asked: Oh, tomorrow is July 1st? Good. Hopefully it'll be okay and ah! Thank you.
wizardwaffles asked: See, now I feel like a dick for disturbing all of you with sarcasm on this fine weekend. Whoops. Not my intention.
shesanoxymoron asked: 15?
wizardwaffles asked: What kind of numbers? *makes weird sex faces*
I see you bookworms. Send in some numbers!
So I came up with 30 fun book related questions....
1) If you could travel to one place you’ve read about in a book, what place would you visit and what book was it from?
2) If you could be best friends with an author, who would you choose and why?
3) Is there a quote from a book that has inspired you/changed the way you view things? If so, what is the quote?
4) If you could marry a fictional character, which would it be?
5) If you could take out a character from a book, who would you want to get rid of? Keep in mind getting rid of a character could change the story completely.
6) Have you ever read a book where you needed more answers and wanted to kill the author for leaving it so open ended? Or do you like that kind of book? What book was it?
7) If you could make sweet sweet love to a fictional character, with who would it be? Okay, that sounds really messed up, but whatever.
8) What’s the coolest name you have ever seen in a book? Would you name your offspring after said fictional character?
9) Who would you cast as the main characters of a movie adaptation of your favourite book?
10) What’s your favourite classic novel?
11) Can you anagram your favourite author’s name/the title of your favourite book?
12) What was your favorite picture book as a kid?
13) Do you buy your own books, borrow books from your friends or get them from the library?
14) Have you ever stolen insults from books and used them in real life situations? If so, how did that work out for you?
15) What’s your favourite insult from a book?
16) Have you ever tried writing a letter/ emailing an author? Did they reply?
17) Do you have a stack of books you need to read? How many are there?
18) How many books (approximately) do you own?
19) Are there any songs that make you think of certain books or scenes from books? If so, which songs/books?
20) Can you name 5 characters whose names start with the letter H off the top of your head? If so, prove it.
21) Do you like the idea of e-readers/kobos/whatever they’re called or would you rather have the physical book in your hand?
22) Do you like new book smell? Old book smell? All book smell?
23) Do you sticky note passages/quotes?
24) Have you ever accidentally destroyed a book (Example: Ran over it with your car) How about purposefully?
25) Which would you rather live without? Books or chocolate. Just kidding, that’s an impossible question.
26) Do you use actual bookmarks to mark your place? Receipts? Sticky notes? Or do you, heaven forbid, dog ear the pages?
27) What was the worst thing you’ve ever done to someone who lost/destroyed/got spaghetti on the pages of one of your books?
28) Have you ever used a book as a coster? How do you even spell that? You guys probably know what I’m talking about anyway.
29) What's your favourite book turned movie?
30) Have you ever finished a book that rendered you so emotionally unstable you couldn’t start another one for a few days?
theres nothing like buying a new book when you have another 8183920188281 books to read
Anonymous asked: Can you do some pick up lines from Divergent? I can't think of any.
Ringo Starr and John Green.
I don’t know if this is Ringo’s real twitter, but if it is…HE’S FREAKING FOLLOWING JOHN GREEN. (https://twitter.com/#!/ringostarrmusic/following) This is unreal. Like what the heck. What what what woah. Now I’m picturing Ringo reading, like, Looking for Alaska and crying his eyes out, the tears dripping down his giant schnoz. Or reading An Abundance of...
harpaea: do you ever think about how weird reading is our eyes are able to scan these different symbols and construct the scenarios and concepts they describe in our mind and these concepts have the power to twist our emotions and make us cry and laugh and wow reading is weird
Oh I see. A nerdfighter blog reblogged the last pick up line. So these 15 new followers are all nerdfighters. Well hi guys! :D P.S: http://literacypickuplines.tumblr.com/tagged/John-Green
Why are there 12 people on the blog? We just hit 400 followers! What is happening? Woah.
I am very excited to announce that I am going to...
So, as if the word library isn’t exciting enough, I am helping out with the summer reading game! So there’s this huge room decorated with this maze of little rooms and each room has a different mini game to play, and then after you get two categories and you have to read two books from those categories. Once you finished them you got to go back and play another mini game and get more...
Library first kiss story. THIS IS MY DREAM. I want to be kissed in a library. http://hereshowtomakeout.tumblr.com/post/24972056722#notes (1) http://hereshowtomakeout.tumblr.com/post/24972088307#notes (2) http://hereshowtomakeout.tumblr.com/post/24972127232#notes (3) Sorry, they were asks so they’re in parts.
youhaveabadconnection asked: Hey, so who's your least favorite literary villain? Like, the one who just makes you angry, so you want to throw the book, and stomp around like a dinosaur?
If anyone wants to have a literature conversation, feel free to send in a message. I had a bad day and talking about books always makes me feel better.
Just finished An Abundance of Katherines, Appendix and all. My brain kind of hurts now. Pick up line coming up. :)
raggedymanboobs asked: Dude your blog. OMG. Please just post more.
You know that moment when you’re reading a book and you just have to stop and bite your lip and squeal or sigh or close your eyes and wrinkle your nose and forehead and press the book against your heart and just like sit there and try to soak up the gorgeous literature via osmosis? That’s my favorite part of reading.
I am SUPER EXCITED. Why? Can anyone guess? No? Okay, the official Perks of Being A Wallflower trailer is being released tonight! Tune into the MTV Movie Awards Preshow to see it guys! :)
I had a pick up linepiphany! :D I have about 10...
My brother: Hey, you know how the old librarian at my school got pregnant, so we got a new one?
My brother: The new one's pregnant now too.
Me: Librarians get ALL the guys. It's a fact.